January 18, 2006
DiskView 3.4 released
The latest update to DiskView (version 3.4) includes enhancements to the disk analysis engine and improvements to the user interface coupled with other bug-fixes. The DiskView Visualizer toolbar has been further streamlined to be in tune with user workflow. This version also includes improvements to DiskView's disk health report for computers with multiple disks.
DiskView 3.3 released
DiskView 3.3 is a bugfix release that resolves an incompatability with Google Desktop Search. This version also has improved performance and enhanced user experience.
DiskView 3.2 released
Vyooh continues to add innovative features and value to the disk management, analysis and visualization leader - DiskView. Version 3.2 includes support for desktop searching within Windows Explorer with the aid of Google Desktop Search. This version also includes enhancements to DiskView's SMART disk health reports, adds supports for multiple drives, and features user interface improvements that make it work well with WindowBlinds themes.
DiskView 3.1 released
DiskView 3.1 includes enhancements to DiskView's printed and saved reports. This update fixes a bug with printing multiple page reports and features user interface improvements.
DiskView 3.0 contains a host of new features including disk temperature and health monitoring using your hard disk's S.M.A.R.T (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) capabilities. Never get surprised with low disk space warnings, or with a sudden hard disk failure that could have been predicted before it happened. This major version has a large number of new features and performance improvements. Download DiskView.
- S.M.A.R.T. Disk Health Report - DiskView can report hard disk health statistics obtained using the disk's Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T) capabilities (where available). A new Disk Health report has been added to DiskView Visualizer. DiskView Options pane has a new tab for this feature.
- Disk Temperature Reporting - DiskView shows the current hard disk temperature and disk health status in the disk summary view as well as in the Disk Health Report. This feature is available if the hard disk is S.M.A.R.T capable and provides this information.
- New 'My Computer' Report - Navigating to "My Computer" now shows a new type of report showing cumulative disk usage for all fixed local drives and disk health statistics for all installed physical disks with S.M.A.R.T capabilities.
- Support for Windows NT 4.0 - DiskView 3.0 adds support for Windows NT 4.0. Internet Explorer 6.0 can be used as a file manager similar to Windows Explorer on Windows NT 4.0 with DiskView's Folder and Analyzer panes.
- Improved Pie and Bar Chart Reports - the pie and bar chart reports have a new, refreshing look, and incorporate many usability improvements.
- Sortable Columns in Bar Chart and My Computer Report - data in the bar chart report can now be sorted by clicking on column headers in the bar chart and 'My Computer' reports.
- Auto-Rescan Option - An option to automatically re-scan folders when required has been added to the Reports tab of DiskView Options dialog. When activated, a rescan for the current folder is automatically triggered if DiskView determines an inconsistency in folder size.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - The following keyboard shortcuts have been added to DiskView Visualizer:
- F1 : Online Help
- F5 : Rescan current folder and refresh disk usage chart
- Escape : Close Visualizer Pane
- Control + C : Open command window (Cmd.exe) in current folder
- Context Menu Help - Help for the active menu item in the file/folder context menu is shown in Explorer's status bar.
- Updated Disk usage reports - File or folder deletion using the Visualizer's context menu updates the disk usage report for that folder automatically.
- Hyperlink for re-scanning current folder is provided when a rescan is required for a folder, and scan warnings are enabled.
- Improved Summary View - Summary View now has hyperlinks for each drive and shows disk health and temperature when available.
- Support for Apple's IPod as a removable drive - DiskView can now scan and provide disk usage reports for Apple's IPod attached to a computer's USB or Firewire port.
- Support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Internet Explorer's Information Bar was getting triggered in certain rare configurations. DiskView 3.0 now works with Windows XP SP2 without triggering the Information Bar in the Visualizer and in saved HTML reports.
- About Dialog reports the version of DiskView for which the user has been licensed
- Improved Usability - DiskView charts have improved icons and better layout leading to removal of certain display errors in the summary view.
Bug Fixes :
- Disk Usage Report for Current Folder in Visualizer- If DiskView Visualizer was closed and re-opened after navigating to another folder, it did not always sync up with the new folder and required a manual navigation step. This has been resolved in the current version.
- Focus Traversal and Keyboard navigation - Keyboard navigation in the Folders pane when the Visualizer was open was interrupted due to loss of focus in certain cases. This has now been resolved for all use cases.
- Advanced Options tab of DiskView Options dialog is greyed out in DiskView trial edition, as it is only applicable for DiskView Professional Edition, and does not work in Trial and Standard versions of DiskView.
- Blank report was shown in the Visualizer on certain occasions if scan warnings were enabled. This bug has been resolved.
- Trailing slash (/) in folder path is now handled correctly by DiskView FSInfo component
- File Fragmentation report has been turned on by default.
- Pie labeling - Pies are labeled when size of the file or folder they represent is more than 2% of the size of their parent folder. Earlier this percentage was 5% by default.
- Compressed files and folders are shown in blue color similar to Windows Explorer. Earlier a zip icon was used to represent them leading to cluttered display on compressed drives and folders.
October 25, 2004
DiskView 2.3 released
DiskView 2.3 adds actual file and folder size reporting in addition to the 'size on disk' reports. This version also resolves an issue with synchronization of disk usage reports with DiskView Analyzer.
DiskView 2.2 released
DiskView 2.2 features a significant overhaul of the DiskView rendering engine, enabling it deliver high quality graphics while consuming minimal CPU resources. Users upgrading from prior versions will notice an immediate reduction in CPU usage when using DiskView. DiskView 2.2 also has usability improvements in the areas of keyboard shortcuts and focus traversal.September 6 , 2004
DiskView 2.1 is a maintenance release focused on user experience improvements. This version resolves a layout issue with DiskView Visualizer occupying the bottom edge of Windows Explorer in certain cases. The Visualizer pane now only occupies the bottom right corner of Windows Explorer, leading to efficient utilization of Explorer's real estate. Also, Explorer is automatically launched on completion of disk analysis by DiskView Analyzer.
August 21 , 2004
DiskView 2.0 features advanced reporting using HTML and XML, custom stylesheet support, scripting capabilities and newer, unmatched features like file fragmentation representation in the DiskView charts. The DiskView Column handlers have been enhanced to show additional information and are more customizable. With this major release of DiskView, we are announcing a more powerful version of DiskView, DiskView Professional, with advanced customization capabilities using industry standard technologies like COM based scripting, XSL and XML, especially targeted towards power users, system administrators and our business customers.
- File fragmentation report - DiskView can report file fragmentation information visually through the DiskView Pie chart visualization mode. This option can be enabled through the DiskView Options dialog.
- HTML Reporting - In DiskView Professional, DiskView reports can be saved as HTML pages
- XML Reporting - In DiskView Professional, DiskView reports can be saved as XML documents
- Custom Stylesheet support - In DiskView Professional, custom XSL stylesheets can be applied to generate and render the DiskView usage reports
- DiskView Columns can show actual size as well as size allocated on disk based on the corresponding setting in the DiskView Options dialog.
- Tell a Friend and Feedback Options have been added to the DiskView Visualizer's toolbar and are customizable.
July 18 , 2004
DiskView v 1.2 features enhancements to DiskView Column handlers, Visualizer and the Options pane and further improvements in performance, quality and stability leading to attainment of Microsoft's Verified for Windows XP status
- DiskView Columns
DiskView columns provides the option to report sizes in KB, MB or GB (with default set to MB) and also provide the option to format the size using periods/commas (based on the user's 'locale').
- DiskView Visualizer
The Visualization engine has undergone a significant overhaul, and uses optimization techniques enabling faster rendering of 3D pie and bar charts.
- Options Panel
An additional tab for controlling the settings for DiskView Columns has been added to the DiskView Options dialog.
All existing customers are eligible for free upgrades. Existing DiskView keys will work with this upgrade, without requiring users to register again. The previous version of DiskView should be uninstalled before running the version 1.2 installer.
May 10, 2004
Vyooh, the emerging software leader in data analysis, visualization and management announces the release of DiskView v 1.1.
This release features enhancements that enable automatic scheduling of DiskView Analyzer, faster startup time and provides increased control of Explorer integration. In addition to the enhancements, this release also contains bug-fixes further enhancing performance, quality and stability.
DiskView Analyzer can be scheduled using Windows Task Scheduler.
DiskViewAnalyzer.exe takes an optional command line parameter " -auto" that causes it to run a background scan. By scheduling a task in the "Scheduled Tasks" available from the Control Panel, and setting ' "C:\Program Files\Vyooh\DiskView\DiskViewAnalyzer.exe" -auto ' as the program to be run, the scan can be scheduled to run daily, weekly, monthly, or when the computer is idle.
Another easy way to set up the scheduled task is by copying this job file to the ' Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks' folder. Then just right click, specify the user password, and modify the task schedule to run the Analyzer on a regular basic, or when the computer is idle.
Explorer Integration Options have been added to the "More
Options" tab of DiskView Options dialog. The integration options can control:
- If Explorer should be started after Disk Analysis is complete
- If the Visualizer panel should be auto-started with Explorer (this can cause Visualizer to take up the whole bottom part of Explorer, as opposed to the bottom right corner)
- Faster startup time. DiskView startup speed should improve from 50-200% due to an optimization and a related bug-fix.
All existing customers are eligible for free upgrades. Existing DiskView keys will work with this upgrade, without requiring users to register again. The previous version of DiskView should be uninstalled before running the version 1.1 installer.